How to Turn Off OFF-Facebook activity On Mobile App and Web
ByUmar Ali - February 26, 2021
Do you know how to off and on or manage my Future Off-Facebook activity? Facebook is one of the best and most using social media platforms in the world. Most of the users are login to Facebook with their mobile app via Android or iPhone devices or using Facebook desktop via computers. Off-Facebook activity is a list or summary of all activities that organizations and businesses share with Facebook about your interactions with them, such as visiting their websites or applications. They use Facebook Business Tools, like Facebook Pixel or Facebook Login, to share this information with Facebook. This helps Facebook do things like gives you a more personalized experience on Facebook. In this article, you will learn more about off-Facebook activity and we manage it turn it off, and one or clear your past history.
You can go to the Manage Future activity setting to select turn off your future off-Facebook activity. Which will disconnect all your past activity from your Facebook account. Remember, when you disable future activity for all websites and apps, it will also disconnect your account past activity.
Read: Why Facebook Dating Feature Is Not Working and How to Fix It?
- How to Clear History of Off-Facebook Activity using Mobile App and Web browser
- How to Manage My Future Off-Facebook activity From Facebook Mobile App and Desktop
- What happens when you Turn Off your Future Off-Facebook Activity?
How to Clear History of Off-Facebook Activity using Mobile App and Web browser
You can remove or clear the history of Off-Facebook activity using a Facebook web browser and mobile (Android or iOS) app. If you do not want to permanently turn off of Off-Facebook Activity then follow the below ways to clear the history of all apps and websites that shared their data with Facebook. Here is how to do it.
How to Clear History of Off-Facebook Activity Via Facebook Mobile App
To clear the history of all website and apps activity shared with Facebook then follow the given steps:
- Open your Facebook mobile app
- Tap on the Main Menu or Three Horizontal line bars
- Scroll down select the Settings and Privacy option
- Select the Settings option
- Go to the Facebook Information section and tap on Off-Facebook Activity
- Select Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity option (It will show you all the summary of websites and apps you visited)
- Then tap on Clear History Button
- So it will clear the activity of the entire websites and apps activity shared with Facebook.
Read: How to Send Message From Instagram To a Facebook Friend
How to Clear History of Off-Facebook Activity Using Facebook Web
If you would like to remove or clear history of Off-Facebook activity that shared other websites and apps with Facebook then here are the following steps:
- Go to your Facebook Account with any browser on your PC
- Select the Down Arrow icon from the upper right side of the Facebook homepage
- Now Click on the Settings and Privacy then select the Settings option from the menu
- The go-to left column and select Your Facebook Information option
- Click on the Off-Facebook Activity option under Your Facebook Information
- Press the Clear History under the What You Can Do section
- Again click on the Turn Off button once the pop-up window appear to you
- Finally, the history for all apps and websites will remove from the Off-Facebook Activity page
Read: The Best Websites for Downloading Cool Wallpapers
How to Manage My Future Off-Facebook activity From Facebook Mobile App and Desktop
If you want to disconnect future off-Facebook activity via the mobile app on your Android or iPhone devices. Here are the following steps to turn off future off-Facebook activity:
How to Turn off your future Off-Facebook activity for all apps and websites:
Here are these steps to turn off off-Facebook activity for all apps and websites via Facebook mobile app:
- Open your Facebook Mobile App
- Tap on the Main Menu on the top right side
- Scroll down to select Settings & Privacy and then the Settings option
- Go down to your Facebook Information section, then select the Off-Facebook Activity option
- Select More Options below What can do section
- Then tap on the Manage Future Activity option
- Select the Manage Future Activity button at the bottom
- Tap beside to Future Off-Facebook Activity, then select Turn Off to disable or turn off your future off-Facebook activity.
How to Turn off your future off-Facebook activity for one Website or App:
If you want to turn off your future off-Facebook activity for only one app or website not for all websites or apps then here are these steps to follow:
- Go your Facebook Mobile App
- Tap on the top right Main Menu of the Facebook homepage
- Scroll down to select Settings & Privacy and then the Settings option
- Go to your Facebook Information section and select the Off-Facebook Activity option
- Tap on the Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity option
- You will be asked to re-enter your Fb account password
- Now select the website or app you want to review
- Select Turn off future Activit from (name of Organization or business), then select Turn Off option
How to turn off off-Facebook activity through Facebook’s Desktop
Here the given instructions that you can follow to switch off your Off-Facebook activity via the Facebook website using a computer or mobile phone.
- Sign In to your Facebook Account using any web browser on your Computer
- Select the Down Arrow icon (Account) from the upper right side Facebook Homepage
- Select the Settings & Privacy option from the down arrow
- Then click on the Settings option
- Go to the left column and click on the Your Facebook Information option
- Now select the Off-Facebook activity option
- When you signing in to your Facebook account you can also directly visit the Off-Facebook activity page.
- Click on the More options available on the right sidebar and then click on the Manage Future Activity option.
- You will now view a pop-up window from where you require to select the Manage Future Activity option.
- Now select the button beside the Future Off-Facebook Activity option to turn off the “Off-Facebook Activity”.
What happens when you Turn Off your Future Off-Facebook Activity?
Once you turn off your future off-Facebook activity then you will see the following things:
- Within 48 hrs your future off-Facebook activity will be disconnected from when it’s received. During this time it may be used for measurement purposes and to make improvements to Facebook ads systems.
- In case you select to turn off your future activity for entire websites and apps, you will also disconnect all your past off-Facebook activity.
- But ads from these businesses may still appear to you. For instance, advertisers can show ads based on your activity on Facebook, such as once you like a business page. Also, they can upload customer summaries and show their ads to users on that list. Learn more about advertisers using these lists on your Ad Preferences page.
- You will still view the same number of ads, but the ads you view may be less personalized to you.
- You may be signed out of websites and applications. To sign in with Facebook in the future, you will have to let information from that website or application stay linked to your Facebook account.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.