WhatsApp is the most popular chat application around the world. Which alone disrupted the world telecom company and continues to do that. Therefore, the parent company of WhatsApp until now tries adding new features to impress millions of followers globally. However, most of the features of WhatsApp are great but the group notifications can get you a little overwhelming some times. Specifically for those who join multiple groups with hundreds of users.
You can silent them group or individual for the specified period. After that, you will receive all messages sent to the group or individual chat. But your Smartphone will not make sounds or vibration when you the messages received. There is no more notification and no disturbance.
- 1 How to Mute Notifications of WhatsApp Individual Chat or Group permanently
- 2 How to Turn Off WhatsApp Group Notifications
- 3 Alternative Ways to Silence and Mute Notification on WhatsApp Permanently
How to Mute Notifications of WhatsApp Individual Chat or Group permanently
If you don’t want to exit or leave the groups because of several reasons and keep the membership of that group. But you want to stop only notification of the group by disabling temporary or permanently. Therefore, you can mute notification of WhatsApp individually chat or group in the following ways.
How to Turn Off WhatsApp Group Notifications
Through WhatsApp Chat group users can chat with multiple people at a time. The people also can promote their business via group by adding different people. Therefore, you will receive a lot of notification of WhatsApp group and if you want mute these notifications in these steps:
- Open your WhatsApp on your phone
- Tap on the Open the annoying Group
- Here tap on the Three Dots option
- A menu will pop up to you and tap the Group info
- You will redirect to the new window here tap on the Mute Notifications option
- After that, you need to choose among the give options 8 hours, 1 week and 1 year.
- Finally, select the one which Suitable for you (1 Year)
Therefore the above process of mute notifications for the limit time like from 8 hr up one year. However, if you are thinking about something which more than the above, then continue to read the post tells to the end.
How to Turn off WhatsApp Group Notifications Permanently
The above process will take care of the WhatsApp group notification for up to one year. Therefore, if you want to disable permanently all notifications from a chat group and only want to read its content whenever you want. Therefore, follow these steps to disable all notifications permanently:
- Tap on your WhatsApp on your mobile
- Find and tap on the most annoying Chat Group to open
- Then tap on the Three-dots menu
- Here tap on the Group Info from the menu
- Next, select the Custom notifications below the Mute notifications
- Tap on the Checkbox beside the Use Custom Notifications
- After the enabling Custom notification, the other options will visible to you
- Select the Notification Tone then choose None and OK from the Popup menu
- Next, select the Vibration option then choose the None and OK when the menu appears to you
- A third option you need to select Popup Notification and then tap on No popup
- Finally, you have chooses the best Settings that Suitable to you
Afterthat, you put the WhatsApp Group permanent on mute but don’t worry you canmodify the setting again as per your requirements.
That’s all!Now, after the above process completion this nothing how many messages of thechat group members keep sending in the group, you will get any notificationsfrom them. However, you will read the content of the group without any issues.
Alternative Ways to Silence and Mute Notification on WhatsApp Permanently
Here aresome of the alternative ways to make silence and mute notifications on WhatsAppindividually or a group.
How can I mute the WhatsApp group permanently?
You needto follow these steps to mute WhatsApp group notifications:
- Tap on your WhatsApp to open and open a Group
- Tap on the Three dots and then select Group Info
- Here you need to tap on the Mute Notifications option
- In the WhatsApp version 2.11.399, a dialogue box will appear and you need to choose the among the available period the max 1 Year
- Finally, untick the checkbox of Show Notifications and then tap the OK option
How can I permanently archive my WhatsApp group?
You can archive your WhatsApp group or individual from the chats list and you can check it later on. When you archive a chat or group and you want to unarchive then you have to follow the steps:
- Open your WhatsApp and then tap Three dots
- Select the Settings and tap on Archived Chats
- Next, you need to choose the Individual chat or Group you want to unarchive
- Tap on the Unarchive option
How do I stop receiving messages from the WhatsApp group without exiting?
If youwant to stop receiving messages from WhatsApp group without exiting the followthe below steps:
- Open your WhatsApp
- Tap on Three dots menu option
- Select Settings option from the menu
- Here tap on the Notifications option
- Scroll down to the Group Notifications
- To Stop or Turn it off the notification tap the Toggle turns it off.
- Finally, the notifications will disable WhatsApp Group
- If you want to leave the group the tap on Group Info
- Scroll down and tap on the Exit Group option
How do you stop receiving messages on WhatsApp without blocking?
Here is you can stop receiving messages on WhatsApp without blocking someone. If you want the follow these steps:
- Tap on the App and Hold
- Tap on the Force Stop option
- After that, you can also tap on the App under Settings and then tap on the Force Stop
- Finally, the App will Stop receiving messages