Replace the account and learn the way to remove a Gmail account from your iOS or Android device. This account will associate with Google Account and turn off the account from syncing new emails. Follow the steps if you want to remove a certain Google account from your tablet or Phone devices. The removing of your account means to remove all Google services.
However, Android phones holding Google account associated with all the products. You Can’t just remove a service but instead, you can turn off sync of specific service. In case you want to completely remove a service from Google account then follow a different procedure. As an example of Gmail service if you want to remove.
- 1 What is removing an Account from Phone?
- 2 How to Turning off Gmail Syncing on Phone
- 3 Tips to Remove Your Google Account from Android or iOS devices
- 4 Alternative Ways to Remove a Google Account from Android and iOS devices
What is removing an Account from Phone?
For beginners, removing an account is different from deleting from the device. Removing of account is not to Delete Permanently Google account. It will remove the Google account from an iPhone or Android device and then stop access from that specific device, later on, can be restored. However, all the information or content will be saved through the account on that device will be erased. That information including settings, emails, contacts. Therefore, the best idea is to back up the device before going to removing an account from an iPhone or Android device.
How to Turning off Gmail Syncing on Phone
Here are the steps to turn off Gmail Syncing on your Mobile Phone device:
- Go to the Mobile Settings
- Tap on the Account or Accounts and Backup option
- Then tap on the Google Account
- Next tap on Account Sync for all
- Finally, tap to turn off the Toggle the next to Gmail
Note: For some device, you will be required to select the additional “Accounts” menu to locate and manage your multiple accounts settings.
Tips to Remove Your Google Account from Android or iOS devices
If you want to remove your Google account from the iOS or Android device. Here is how to do then follow the below steps:
Remove a Google account from an Android Device
Let’s show tothe Android users quickly and easily remove their account from the phone. Hereis how to do it in a few steps:
- Go to Settings of your mobile
- Then tap on the Account or Users and Accounts option (Depending on your Device settings)
- Tap on the Account you want to remove it (choose the Google Account)
- Next, tap on Remove Accounts option to remove your account
- Then tap again Remove account option to confirm your action
Finally, on your Android device for removing only the Google account, then it will ask you to enter your device’s password, pattern or pin to get it to remove. After removing your account you will not able to access the Google Play Store. But you must keep one thing that maybe the settings vary from device to device. However, you need to do a bit of digging to get to the right screens, but it should still be an easy and quick process.
Remove a Google account from an iOS device
Here are stepsneed to remove your Google account from an iPhone, iPad or iOS device. Let’sshow how to access that account on different devices like on the Gmail app,Safari app, and Mail app.
How to Remove a Google Account on the Gmail App
You can remove a Google account while using the Gmail app within a few steps:
- Tap to open Gmail app
- Then tap on the Menu or Three stacked lines
- Select the Manage Account to follow the Edit option
- Choose the Account and tap the Remove option next to the account (Google account)
- Confirm your action
- Finally, tap on Done option on the top left
How to Remove a Google Account on Safari App
If you are using the Safari app and want to access your Google account to remove it. Let’s show you how to remove your Google account from your iOS device in the below steps:
- Tap to open the Safari App on iOS device
- Visit the google.com
- Next, select your Profile picture on the top right and tap on Sign out option if you are not
- Then Sign in and then tap Sign in with a different account
- Choose to Remove the account you want to remove from the device
- Finally, tap the Done option
How to Remove Your Google Account from Mail App
Here are thesesteps to remove your account from the iPhone’s native Mail app. Let’s show how to remove that account:
- Tap on your Settings App
- Scroll down to the section of Passwords & Accounts and tap to Open
- Then you need to choose among the given list of Google and non-Google accounts. Tap the Google account you want to remove
- This will redirect you to the options page and then tap on Delete account at the bottom
- Next tap on the Delete from My iPhone when appearing in the warring message
Note: Keep in mind that one thing you should know when you select to remove all your Google accounts from the iOS device. After that, you will automatically sign out from all of Google accounts on your device.
Alternative Ways to Remove a Google Account from Android and iOS devices
Here are some of the alternative ways of removing an account from your Android, iPhone, and iPad or iOS devices. However, let’s scroll down to have a look to the below:
How do you remove a Google account from an Android phone?
Yes, you can remove an account from your Smartphone settings.You need to follow the above method for the android to remove your Google ornon-Google Account.
How can I remove a device from my Google account?
Let’s show some the steps to remove a mobile phone device from your Google account:
- Click to open your Google account
- Then Go to the Sign-in & Security option
- Scroll down to the Device activity & notifications
- Then select the Device that you want to remove from the account
- Finally, click on the Remove option next to Account Access
How do I remove the Google account from iPhone?
If you want to remove your account from your iPhone or iPad device then follow the below steps:
- Tap to open Gmail App on your iPhone or iPad devices
- Then tap on Main Menu
- Select Account that is logged in Manage Accounts Edit
- Tap on the Remove next to the account you would like to remove
- Confirm your action
- Finally, tap on Done option
How do I remove a Google account from my Samsung?
Here is the step for the Samsung device to removing there-adding of their Gmail account. Might fixes sign in and not receiving emailissue.
- Go to your Mobile Home screen and tap on Apps
- Select the Settings and tap on the Account option
- Next tap on Google option
- Choose your Account you want to remove
- Then tap on Menu in the upper-right side
- Tap on Remove option
- Confirm to Remove your Account