ByUmar Ali – September 25, 2020
Do you know how to recover or reset your forgotten Microsoft account password? If you do not use a password manager application, it is very difficult to keep in mind complex passwords always. If you do not remember or forgotten your Microsoft account password. Which have an account at hotmail.com, Outlook.com, live.com, or like skype.com. You cannot really recover or reset that same old password. But it is so easy as much to recover your account by resetting or changing your password to something new password.
If you are having a problem signing in to your Microsoft account. There could be a few various reasons for that–like you cannot keep in mind your account password, have two-step authentication or verification enabled, or using a new device or are traveling.
Read: What Is Microsoft 365? – Office 365
Here are some recommendations to help you out to get back sign in to your account as soon as possible. First try these easiest options:
- If you remember your account password but it is not working, make sure that the Caps Lock key is turned off or disable and that your email address is properly spelled.
- Remove/clear your browser history, or try signing in to your account from another different internet browser.
- If these do not help you out to sign in to your account, try resetting your account password or view if one of the other scenarios below applies to you and give them a try.
Read: Best Ways to Get Microsoft Office Free or Cheap
How to Recover Your Microsoft Account Password
Here are these steps to recover your Microsoft account password:
- Open the Microsoft Account Page with any of your web browsers, then click on the Sign-in like at the top right corner
- Enter your Microsoft Username, Microsoft-related email account or you can use live.com, outlook.com, skype.com, and hotmail.com. Microsoft even allows you to sign up for a Microsoft account type to enter external email addresses-like your Gmail account address. But the password for your Microsoft account will be different from the external account password and then select the Next option
- Select the Forgot My Password link underneath the password field
- Choose the I Forgot My Password option on the next screen and then select the Next option (Maybe)
- You will be indicated to Enter some characters appear to you on-screen as a security measure Do so, (this lets us know you’re not a robot) and then select the Next option
- If you have precaution or security info on your account, Microsoft will send a one-time code to the alternate email address or phone.no you gave them. After you type that code on the next screen, you will be capable to make a new password.
Sometimes changing your account settings can affect how you sign in, and resetting your password will not fix it. See if any of the following scenarios apply to you.
Read: How to Use Microsoft Outlook’s New Search Box
If you recently turned on two-step verification
If you have taken the additional security step of enabling two-step verification. Some application and devices will tell you your password is not correct, because they have not been updated to prompt you for a security code. In place of your regular password, you will need to use an app password to get in.
Read: Add a Background Color or Image to Emails in Outlook
Verify your Identity With a Phone Number or Email Address Already on File
- If you have set up and configured your Microsoft Account with an alternative email address, click on it from the list, verify the email address, and then select the Get Code or Send Code option
- As another option in case you have a mobile phone device connected to your account, instead of email, you can get this code via SMS
- Enter the code you got in the email message, and then select the Next button
- Enter your new password (strong one), Re-enter to confirm the new password, then select the Next button
- Your password has now changed. Select the Next option one more time, and you will redirect to the sign-in page where you can type your new password to sign in
Read: How to See a Saved Password in Microsoft Edge Desktop and Mobile
Verify Your Identity If You Don’t Already Have an Alternative Email On File
Forgot Microsoft Password and can’t get Security Code or If you can’t get a security code. If you cannot get or do not have your security information (your alternate email address or phone. no). click I did not get a code when you are indicated for a code at sign-in, or I do not have access to these when you are resetting your account password, then follow the guidance.
- If you select I Do not Have Any Of These from the list of the contact process, you will receive a security code from Microsoft to a different email address as verification.
- Type the email address where you wish to receive the code, and then click the Next button
- Enter the characters you see in the box and select the Next option
- After you get the code, type it into the given field provided, and then select the Verify option
- You will need to fill out a form on the following screens with info related to your accounts, such as Your First and last name, Date of Birth, country name, City/region, and postal code where you created the account, emails sent, and many more, Select the Next option and submit the form.
- After submitting the information form, Microsoft will review the information you have provided and get back to you with their decision within 24 hrs to the email you have provided.
- If you entered the properly correct information and your request has been accepted, you will get an email with the steps to reset your password.
- In case your request was rejected, you have the opportunity to try up to 2 times a day.
- If you cannot remember complete information to recover your account, you may have to create a new Microsoft Account.
Note: Maybe there is a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account.
Visit to Reset or recover your Microsoft account for Tips for filling out the recovery form
Read: How to Import Convert Microsoft Word Documents to Docs or Drive
In case you change your security information a have thirty days waiting period
If you view an error message “We are not ready for you yet” when trying to access your account, it could be the 30-days waiting time period after modifying your security info.
For more detail info, view Security info & security codes
If your profile is temporarily blocked
If you are using a new device or traveling
Microsoft always monitors for unusual sign-in activity on your account, If someone else trying to access your account. In case you are using a new device or on the way to travelling to a new place, Microsoft asks you to confirm that it really is you.
Change your Microsoft account password
If you want to keep your Microsoft account more secure and safe by changing your password regularly. It only takes a few steps to do:
How to change your Microsoft password
Here are these steps to follow to your Microsoft account password:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using old or current password
- If you forgot your account password either select the Forgot my password option and follow the steps above. Or, for the deeper account, sign-in problems, see how to reset or recover your Microsoft account password.
- When you have signed in, click on the Security option
- Click on the Password Security option
- Type your old or current password, then enter your new password and confirm it by re-type it again to verify.
- Click on the Save option
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.