ByUmar Ali – February 26, 2021
Do you know how to see and reply to messages on WhatsApp from your Apple smartwatch? In case you are using your Apple Watch as a second screen for your iPhone device, you will wish to connect it with WhatsApp-one of the world’s most famous messaging platforms. There is no official WhatsApp application for the Apple Smartwatch. However, it is possible to receive message notifications and reply to messages straight from the wrist.
Furthermore, if you do wish for more advanced functionality, you can find and download a third-party service app to get a fuller experience.
Read: Hide WhatsApp Profile Picture & Status From Specific Contacts
- 1 Tips to Know
- 2 How to Use WhatsApp on Your Apple Watch
- 3 FAQ
Tips to Know
- First, enable iPhone notifications. Visit the Settings, Notifications then WhatsApp and turn on or enable the Allow Notifications toggle switch.
- Next, on your Apple Watch mirror notification. Navigate the Watch application, select Notifications, and turn on the WhatsApp toggle switch.
- The Chatify and WatchChat 2 application allow you to send and receive WhatsApp messages, listen to voice messages, see chat images, and more.
- FAQ by different people
Read: How to Hide Your Last Seen On WhatsApp But Still See Others
How to Use WhatsApp on Your Apple Watch
In this post, you will learn how to receive WhatsApp notifications and receive and send messages on an Apple Smartwatch. Guidelines in this post work to WhatsApp for iPhone devices with iOS 9 and latest.
Let’s show you how to get WhatsApp on your Apple Watch by walking on the following instructions below, where you will offer the basic points on setting up WhatsApp notifications and downloading a WhatsApp Apple Smartwatch alternative.
Read: How to Transfer your WhatsApp Chats to New Smartphone
How to Get WhatsApp notifications on Apple Watch
There is no official version, but you can still enjoy WhatsApp application functionality. In case you are following through standard, official channels, you can get notifications and reply from the Apple Smartwatch. However, you will require to make sure notifications are enabled first in order to have them mirrored to your mobile phone.
- Open the Watch App on your iPhone device
- Visit the My Watch tab choose Notifications
- Scroll down to WhatsApp and make the switch is turned into green when the notifications are enabled, you will notice that your wrist buzzes whenever a message is sent.
- However, can you send messages on WhatsApp through the Apple Smartwatch?
- Well, yes and no. You cannot begin a new message, send an audio message, type out full replies, or dictate a message.
- However, you can choose from a list of simple options to reply, such as, ‘OK’, ‘What’s up?’, ‘Hello’ or ‘On my way’.
- What’s more, you can record a custom reply using voice recognition and send that straight back to the recipient.
Read: How to Clear WhatsApp Storage Space on Android and iPhone
How to Send Reply to a WhatsApp message from the wrist Watch:
- Open the received WhatsApp message notification on the Apple Watch
- Press on Reply
- Scroll down and select one of the custom responses
- In case you wish to craft your own reply, you can tap the microphone and record your message.
How to Download a WhatsApp alternative for the Apple Watch
As you see in the above paragraph there is no such official WhatsApp application available for the Apple Smartwatch. However, that does not mean there are no third-party alternatives to select from within the App Store of Apple Watch.
It is worth noting that there is a lot up to select from, both paid and free-for, and it can be hard to work out which third-party WhatsApp solutions are the most reliable and effective in providing a fuller experience. In our experience, WatchChat 2 (which price’s $2.99) is probably to pick of the bunch, at least for now.
Read: How to Find and Download the Best Apple Watch Faces in 2021
Get WatchChat 2 for WhatsApp on Apple Watch
Not only does it allow you to see and send messages in all your existing chats, as well as using Scribble and dictation, but it is also fairly simple to get started. Here are these steps to follow.
- Open the Watch app and tap on the App Store on your iPhone
- Type in WatchChat 2 in the search box, then download the application to your Apple Watch
- Go to the app on your Apple Watch when downloaded
- Then go to WhatsApp on your iPhone, before visiting Settings
- Visit WhatsApp Web and Scan QR code
- Now Scan the QR code that shows on the Apple Watch
Get Chatify for WhatsApp on Apple Watch
The Chatify app puts WhatsApp on your wrist. Use it to receive and send WhatsApp messages, listen to voice messages, view chat images, see stickers and emojis, and view when contacts are writing back.
If you want to set up Chatify on your Apple Smartwatch, make sure that your Apple Watch is connected with your iPhone device properly and updated to the latest version. Now log in to WhatsApp on your iPhone device.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone and Download Chatify for WhatsApp
- Tap here to Download Chatify
- Go to Chatify on your Apple Watch. You will be presented with a QR code to scan using WhatsApp.
- Navigate WhatsApp on your iPhone and Go to Settings
- Select WhatsApp Desktop or Web
- Then Scan QR Code with your iPhone camera
- Now scan the QR code that appears on your Apple Smartwatch
- On your Apple Watch, the WhatsApp message will appear now
- You can also send the reply directly from your wrist
Read: How to Add and Change a Watch Face on Apple Watch
Here are some of the frequetly Asked questions by different people and might you are interested to read it.
How to Get WhatsApp Notifications on Apple Watch?
If you want to receive WhatsApp Messenger notifications and messages on your Apple Watch, then go to the settings for that application on your iPhone device. Open the Settings, tap on Notification, select WhatsApp Messenger, and then Check that Allow Notifications is turned on. Check that Show in Notification Center is turned on.
How to Use WhatsApp on apple watch series 5?
Open Chatify on your Apple Smartwatch and you will appear with a QR code to scan using WhatsApp. Go to WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on the Settings tab at the bottom of the screen. Select the WhatsApp Desktop or Web option. If pop up, select Scan QR Code and press OK.
Read: Why Facebook Dating Feature Is Not Working and How to Fix It?
How to Use WhatsApp on apple watch series 6?
To Get WhatsApp notifications and Message on Apple Watch Series 6. Then go to the Watch app on your iPhone device. Tap on the Notifications option from the My Watch tab. Go down to WhatsApp and tap the switch is to enable green. On the Apple Watch go to the received WhatsApp message notification and tap Reply. Scroll down and select one of the custom responses.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.