ByUmar Ali – January 24, 2020
Do you know how to hide last active time or last seen on Facebook Chat? Facebook is the most popular platform for sharing photos, videos, stories, advertising, Marketplace, and chatting with family, friends, and beloved abroad. You can chat with your friends and users sending a text, photos, GIFs, voice messages, and video on Facebook Chat window or Facebook Messenger. Once you offline on Facebook and come online again then your users can see your last seen or active time stamp on the FB Chat window.
If someone sends you a message when you read it then the sender will receive seen status like “Seen icon with Time AM/PM”. It will reveal your availability on Facebook. So, if you want to hide this option from Facebook, then you have to remove Hide yourself from both Last Active & Last Seen timestamp.
Read: How to View Blocked List & Unblock Friends on Facebook
- 1 What to do to hide Last Seen on Facebook?
- 2 How to Hide Last Active & Last Seen Time on Facebook Chat
- 2.1 How to Hide Last Active Time or Last Seen on Facebook on Desktop
- 2.2 How to Hide Facebook, Viber, and WhatsApp Last Seen Status on Android
- 3 How to Hide and Turn Off Active Status on Facebook on New and Classic Design
- 4 Frequently Ask Questions by People
- 5 Conclusion
What to do to hide Last Seen on Facebook?
There is no specific feature on Facebook to hide your from others except Turn off Chat function. But when you are doing so the message sender will get the Last seen timestamp for the sent text. We have found out some of the tricks for this for both smartphones and Desktop users. So here are how the tricks which enable you to seen FB Chat without appearing online or hide your last active or last seen timestamps.
Read: How to Set up & Use Facebook Messenger Kids App messengerkids.com
How to Hide Last Active & Last Seen Time on Facebook Chat
As I said above there is no in-built function available in the settings to hide last active or last seen status timestamp on Facebook. But we are going to use Extension/Add on for Chrome/Firefox web browsers and our Mobile device a free App. Let’s start with step by step way for all methods:
Read: How to Remove Contacts from Facebook and Messenger
How to Hide Last Active Time or Last Seen on Facebook on Desktop
Here we will showyou how to hide last seen or last active time on the Facebook chat window onyour computer in the below-given ways. If you are using Extension or Add on forboth Google Chrome and Firefox browsers:
Use Unseen-Chat Privacy on Google Chrome Extension
If you want toadd unseen chat privacy extension to your Chrome browser from the Google webtools in the following steps:
- Open your Google Chrome browser and click on Unseen Chat Privacy Extension to download and install it
- Once the Installation finished than an Eye icon will get appear it the top right corner of your browser
- Go to the top right side and click on the Eye icon next to the URL bar to get more optionsDelivery Receipts Block optionBlock the Seen optionTo Block the Last active indicatorNext Block Typing indicator and two more
- Just click to select all the Four Features as well as Last Active it will hide your Last seen time indicator on Facebook
- To this extension on your Facebook Messenger.com then click to select the Last option
Read: Mute Unmute Conversations on Facebook & Messenger Web App
Use the MessageSeen Disable for Facebook Addon on Mozilla Firefox browser
If you are usingthe Mozilla Firefox browser and want to hide your last seen on Facebook. Thenyou will need to use the message seen disable for Facebook addon in thefollowing give steps:
- First, open Mozilla Firefox browser
- Then Download and Install the Message Seen Disable for Facebook Addon
- Once Addon successful installed then you will get a Facebook icon on the browser on the URL bar
- After that, it is activated now just open Facebook and read all the message you want to hide your last seen
Note: Keep remembers onething that this extension will not hide your Last Active Timestamp. If you wantto do that then you will need to Turn off Chat on Facebook to hide your lastactive timestamp.
Read: How to Hide & Unhide Messages on Facebook and Messenger
Use the ‘AdBlock Plus’ Chrome Extension & Firefox Addon:
The extension ofAdBlock Plus is available for both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browser.This is the best and simple method to hide Last Seen and Last Active time foryourself on Facebook. Let’s show you in the following steps to how to do it:
- Open your Firefox or Google Chrome browser
- Next Download & Install AdBlock Plus extension for Chrome or Addon for Firefox
- The icon of the Adblock Plus will appear next to the URL bar
- Click on the Adblock plus icon
- Select the Setting or Gear icon from the window when pop-up
- After that, you will redirect to an Adblock plus page
- Scroll down and select the Start Writing My Filter List to insert a filter on a URL
- Next click on the Whitelisted Websitesoption
- Now you will need to add this URL: “https://*-edge-chat.facebook.com”, to the Filter list
- Then click the Add Website option
If you want to add the Adblock Plus then you will need to click on the + Add to Firefox option.
Once you have donethen you will be able to hide your last seen to anyone on Facebook. Let startwith the above method and enjoy the feature of hiding last seen.
Read: How to Add Someone to Facebook Messenger
How to Hide Facebook, Viber, and WhatsApp Last Seen Status on Android
This method is forAndroid users to hide their last seen status for other users and friends. Theymust use other messaging applications on their mobile devices, like Viber andWhatsApp. So they can hide their last seen status to their friends. That meansthey can read all the messages without appearing in their last seen timestamp.If you also among them and want to how to do it then you will need the downloadan app from the Google play store on your Android device. Let’s scroll down thesteps to do it.
Steps to Using the Application:
- Go to your Google play store on your android device
- Find and tap on the Unseen-No last seen or read the application
- Download and Install the app
- Tap to open the Application
- Next, allow the Accessibility permissions
- Tap to On this App for Facebook, Viber, & WhatsApp
- Finally, start to read all your messages you want to hide your last seen for them
Now you can easily hide your last Active time or Last Seen on Facebook Chat with using the above tools and extension on your Computers and Mobile devices.
Read: Block Unblock Someone on Facebook Messenger
How to Hide and Turn Off Active Status on Facebook on New and Classic Design
Let’s show the easiest way to turn off or hide active status on Facebook without any third party like adblocker etc. The method is very short and simple to do it. There are two versions of Facebook the new design and the classic design. However, I will teach you the procedure on both.
Classic Facebook Design
Here are the following instructions to turn off or hide active status on the Old or Classic Facebook version:
- Visit Facebook.com with any browser
- Go the Chat section at the bottom right side
- Select the Settings Gear icon
- Now select the Turn off active Status,
- Select Turn off Active Status from the prompted window
- Then click Okay option
After that, your status will appear offline to your Facebook Friends if you are online or offline on Facebook. So you will friends and others will not see your active status now in the contact list. They might see last active status days ago and or not at all.
Read: Connect Facebook Page to WhatsApp Business Account
New Facebook Design
- Using Facebook design Go to Chat section
- Select the More or Three dots options next to the Contacts option
- Now select Turn Off Active Status option
- That’s it you are on the right way
- Select Turn off Active Status from the prompted window
- Then click Okay option
So the above steps reveal how to turn off active status on Facebook.com’s new design.
How to Turn Off and Hide Active Status on Messenger
The users of the Facebook Messenger app can turn off and hiding their active status in a very simple way than you think. Before going to do that you must install or using the latest version of Messenger on your mobile or Smartphone device. Let’s follow these steps to do that.
- Tap to Open the Messenger App on your Mobile device
- Select your Profile icon from the top of your screen
- Tap on the Active Status in the Profile Settings page
- Tap to Disable the Toggle hide or turn off Active Status on Messenger
- Tap Turn OFF again from the pop up on your screen to confirm your action
Read: How to Log Out of Facebook Messenger from All Devices
Frequently Ask Questions by People
Here are some ofthe frequently ask a question by peoples with we shortly replied for yourinformation and guidance.
How do you hide you are recently active on Facebook?
You can turn on oroff your active status in Facebook Messenger if the following steps:
- Open your Facebook Messenger App
- Log into your account with your credentials
- Next tap on the Chats
- Then Tap on you Profile photo in the left side
- Select Active Status option
- Tap on the Toggle to Turn off or On your Active Status on messenger
- Next tap to Confirm your Turn on or Turn Off your status according to your choice
Related Topic: How to Turn Off your Chat on Facebook Web Android iOS
How do I hide my last seen on Facebook Messenger Android?
If you want to hideyour last seen on Facebook Messenger on your Android device then follow thebelow steps:
- Go to the All button and Active option above the Search bar at the top
- Next, tap on the Active Button
- You will see your Name and a Switch option beside it
- Tap to Slide the switch to the left side to Turn off
- It will hide or turn off your last seen Feature on a Facebook messenger app
Read: How to Find Watch Video History on Facebook Web and App
How To Disable Facebook Last Active Status On Messenger
To disable Facebook last active status on Messenger is very simple. You can activate the invisible mode on Facebook to hide your active status.
Go to the Messenger App and tap profile photo, then tap to Turn off or On your Active Status on messenger. Tap on the Toggle to Turn off or On your Active Status on messenger. Next tap to Confirm your Turn on or Turn Off your status according to your choice.
How to hide my last active time on Messenger
You can hide your last active time on the Messenger App. tap profile photo, then tap to Turn off or On your Active Status on messenger. Tap on the Toggle to Turn off or On your Active Status on messenger. Next tap to Confirm your Turn on or Turn Off your status according to your choice.
How do I turn my active status on or off on Facebook
You can Turn your active status on or off on Facebook from your Facebook.com on new and classic design both. You can also use the AdBlock Plus’ Chrome Extension on Firefox, Facebook Addon on Mozilla Firefox, & Use Unseen-Chat Privacy on Google Chrome Extension. The detailed methods for turn-on off of Facebook Active Status share with you and read the post from the start to the end to learn how to do it.
Read: Ignore Unignore Messages on Facebook Messenger
It is very interesting to note that FB messaging did not all-time work like this. Back in the day, the last seen timestamp was not available. When the Facebook Messenger app separates and is developed as an independent application, the last online timestamp wants not implemented.
While the users of the browser still had to deal with it, FB Messenger users didn’t. Then all of a sudden users started seeing the last seen time their friends were online. It did not look like a big deal at the time, but more and more concern about privacy policies were made public, this activity function also got plenty of blame.
It displayed not so much for what information, but mostly because it showed once again that FB developers seem to care a little bit about what users say and what they ask for. New functions and polices may be regularized overnight with none the wiser. No one asks anything for approvals, all the things just change, and the users or people are left to roll with the times.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.