ByUmar Ali – October 26, 2020
Do you know how to find your Facebook Messenger History? To search for information in a conversation or save or download message history. Messenger is an instant messaging service of Facebook that you can use and access an Android app, or iOS, or access with Facebook in a web browser. Messenger save and protect your messaging conversations unless you remove or delete them. When you are required to access information from a conversation, it is easy and simple to search your Messenger chat history and recover or retrieve it. Here you can read: How to Restore a Deleted Message on Facebook Messenger.
Tip: This information applies to the Android and iOS app as well as on Facebook.com on the web.
- 1 Access Messenger History From Facebook or Messenger on a Desktop
- 1.1 How to Search Message History By Keyword
- 1.2 How to Search Within a Messenger Conversation
- 1.3 How to Access Messenger History From Messenger’s App
- 1.4 How to Access Message Requests on Facebook
- 1.5 How to Download Your Facebook Messenger History
- 2 How to search Facebook Messenger history
Access Messenger History From Facebook or Messenger on a Desktop
If you are searching your FB Messenger history is helpful to recall a date, name, or other info. In case you use Messenger or Facebook on a Mac or Windows PC via a web browser, here is how to search your message history by keyword or search within a conversation.
Read: Facebook Messenger: How to Turn Off or Stop or Delete Notifications
How to Search Message History By Keyword
To search message History by a keyword then follow these steps:
- Visit your Facebook account in a web browser and go to your FB home page
- Click on the Messenger icon in the upper-right side corner of the home page
- Select the See All in Messenger option (To bypass Facebook, visit directly to Messenger.com, and follow the remaining steps.)
- Select the Search Messenger box below Chats
- Type a search term into the Search Messenger box
- In case you are looking for a keyword, click on the Search Messages below the search box.
- Below Messages, you will view conversations that mention the keyword. Click on a conversation view.
Read: Ignore Unignore Messages on Facebook Messenger
How to Search Within a Messenger Conversation
To search message history within a Messenger conversation in the following steps:
- Go to your Facebook in a web browser
- Select the Messenger icon in the upper-right side corner of the home page
- Select the See All in Messenger option (Note: To bypass Facebook, visit directly to Messenger.com, and follow the remaining instructions.)
- Now click to open a conversation you wish to search. Select Search in Conversation under More Action on the right side of the screen
- Enter or Type a search term in the search bar in the Conversation box on the top of the conversation, then select Search.
- In the chat or conversation, the Messenger will highlight or show the search result. Click on the Done option when you are finished.
Read: Enable Dark Mode for Facebook Messenger App & Desktop
How to Access Messenger History From Messenger’s App
To access Messenger history while using the Android or iOS Messenger app on your smartphone device, here is how to search through your message history within a conversation or by keyword in the following steps:
- Tap to open the Messenger app on your mobile phone
- Tap the Search bar at the top
- Enter a search term you want to find
- Below Messages, you will view any conversations that contain the search term
- Select the conversation to open it
Read: How to Log Out of Facebook Messenger from All Devices
How to Access Message Requests on Facebook
In case you are unable to find what you are searching for, the conversation or chat you are thinking of might be available in your Message Requests. Let us show how to access and use the Message Requests screen on Messenger or Facebook in a desktop web browser as well as the Messenger app on mobile.
Access Message Requests On Facebook or Messenger on the Desktop
To access the message requests feature on FB Messenger or Facebook via web browser on the desktop then here are the following steps:
- Go to your Facebook in a web browser
- Select the Messenger icon in the upper-right corner of the homepage
- Click on the See All in Messenger (Note: To bypass from Facebook, visit directly to Messenger.com, and walk through the rest of the guidelines.)
- Press your profile image or the Gear icon and then click on the Message Requests option
- Click to open a request for information about who is messaging you
Read: Block Unblock Someone on Facebook Messenger
Access Message Requests in the Messenger Mobile App
Let’s show you how to access and use Message Requests in the Messenger mobile app in the following steps:
- Tap to open Messenger App on your mobile
- Select your profile picture
- Tap on the Message Requests
- Tap to open a chat or conversation for more information about who’s messaging you
Read: How to Add Someone to Facebook Messenger
How to Download Your Facebook Messenger History
If you wish to save or download a complete history of your Messenger conversations, access and use the Facebook Download Your Information feature either from the Messenger mobile app or from Facebook on the web browser. Here you can learn: How to Restore a Deleted Message on Facebook Messenger
Download Messenger History From A Web Browser
To download Messenger history from a Web browser then follow the below instructions:
- Go to your Facebook and visit your FB home page
- Select the down arrow or Account icon in the upper right side corner
- Select the Settings & Privacy option
- Click on the Settings
- Select Your Facebook Information in the left panel
- Then click the View option in the Download Your Information section
- Select the Message check box to download only your Messenger history (Note: Leave all the things selected to Download all your Facebook data, or choose other things to download.)
- Go to the top and click the Create File option (Note: For a more particular download, enter a date range, format, and media quality.)
- Facebook will notify you once your download files are available. Once your files are ready, go to the Download Your Information page and select Available Copies. Then, download your Messenger history.
Note: Depending on how much info you requested, the downloading process can take up to several days.
Read: How to Delete Someone from Messenger?
How to Download Messenger History From The Messenger Mobile App
To download Messenger history from the Messenger mobile app in the following given steps:
- Open your Messenger Mobile app
- Tap to your Profile picture from the top
- Go down and select the Account Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Download Your Information
- Select the Messages check box to download your Messenger History
- Go down and tap on Create File
Read: How to Hide & Unhide Messages on Facebook and Messenger
Note: For a more particular download, type a date, format, and media quality
The FB Messenger will notify you when your download files are available. When your files are ready, go to the Download Your Information page and select Available Copies. Then, download your Messenger history.
How to search Facebook Messenger history
To search your Facebook Messenger history then click on the on Messenger icon from the left side of your Facebook home page. You can also visit the Messenger.com with any of your web browser. Click to open the conversation you want to search on the right. Select the Search conversation below the more option on top right. Then click Search in Conversation.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.