ByUmar Ali – June 16, 2020
Do you know how to remove or disable Hangouts chat and Meet in the Gmail sidebar? Google is doing the best to promote Google Meet by promoting it in Gmail. If you don’t like or no interest in starting video chatting or calls in Gmail, in this article you will learn how to turn off or disable Google Meet and Hangouts in Gmail sidebar.
Read: How to Share Your Screen in Google Meet on Web and Mobile App
- 1 How to Hide or Remove Hangouts Chat and Meet from Gmail Sidebar
- 2 ‘Chat and Meet’ option not available?
- 3 How to Hide Meet in Gmail by Hiding Chat Menu
- 4 How to Move Meet to the right side
- 5 How to Enable Hangout Chat and Meet in Gmail Sidebar
- 6 How can I remove “MEET” from my Gmail sidebar?
How to Hide or Remove Hangouts Chat and Meet from Gmail Sidebar
Google Meet is currently opening its ways to all Gmail users, a lot of complaints have prompted about the application using precious real estate in the sidebar and taking up the space they reserved for labels. Here are the following steps to disable or remove or hide the Hangouts Chat and Meet from Gmail.
- Open you your Gmail Inbox with any browser where you want to hide or disable Hangouts and Google Meet Chat
- Click on the Cog Gear Setting icon from the top right corner
- Select Settings or See All Settings option from the menu to visit Gmail’s settings
- Click on the Chat And Meet tab in the Gmail’s settings from the top right side
- Select the Chat Off to the right of the Chat to disable the Hangouts Chat section
- Now Select the Hide The Meet Section In the Main Menu to the right of Meet to disable the Google Meet section
- Finally, click on the Save Changes option at the bottom when you are done
After that, the Gmail will automatically reload and you will see that both the Google Meet and Hangout sections have to hide from the Gmail sidebar!
‘Chat and Meet’ option not available?
If the Chat and Meet option is not available then don’t worry. Google is slowly rolling out the function or feature to hide or disable the Google Meet section. If you are unable to see it right away, try again after a few days.
How to Hide Meet in Gmail by Hiding Chat Menu
You can hide Meet in Gmail by hiding chat Menu in the following steps:
- Visit your Gmail Inbox with your browser
- Click on the Double quotes button or Hangouts chat icon to hide or disable the chat menu
- This will hide Hangouts chat and Google Meet menu
- Click on the Double quotes button again to show Hangouts chat and Google Meet menu again in Gmail sidebar
How to Move Meet to the right side
If you do not want to disable or hide Hangout chat and Meet from your Gmail sidebar completely. Then you can move Meet and Hangout chat from the left side to the right-hand side. In the left side it will not show you Meet with the label and here is how to move it:
- Open your Gmail Inbox with your browser
- Click on the Settings gear icon from the top right side
- Select the Settings or See all settings option
- Go to the Advanced tab under the settings
- Scroll down to the Right Side section then select the Enable option
How to Enable Hangout Chat and Meet in Gmail Sidebar
If you want to enable Google Meet and Hangout Chat back that you disable or hide previously by mistake or any other reasons. Here are the steps to do it:
- Open your Gmail Inbox with any browser
- Select the Setting gear icon from the top right side
- Click on the Settings or See all Settings option from the menu
- Now select the Chat and Meet tab from the top right side
- Select the Chat On to the right of the Chat to enable the Hangouts Chat section
- Now select the Show the Meet Section In the Main Menu to the right of Meet to enable the Google Meet section
You can remove MEET as well as Hangout Chat from your Gmail sidebar within a few steps. Just open your Gmail Inbox>Settings Gear icon>Click on the Settings from menu>Go to Chat and Meet Tab> Select the Chat Off to disable the Hangouts Chat section> Now Select the Hide the Meet Section in the Main Menu to the right of Meet to disable the Google Meet section. Finally, click on the Save Changes option at the bottom when you are done.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.