ByUmar Ali – June 15, 2020
Do you know how to directly link in Google Chrome on a web page? Now Chrome allows you to create links directly to text on a web page. If you want to use Chrome’s scroll to text fragment feature is a bit complicated to use, but the Google Paul Kinlan made a simple and easy-to-use bookmarklet that allows you to take easy advantage of it.
If you do not know how to use the Scroll to Text Fragment, it’s a function that only works in Google Chrome as of June 2020. It lets you make or create a special link that tells Google Chrome to jump or scroll to and highlight a particular section of text on your web page. Now a day’s Google is using this feature in Google search results, so you will be going sometime directly to particular text on a website page after clicking a search result. You can also take benefit of this function yourself when sharing a link with family members, friends, or coworkers.
Read: Open Google Chrome Using Command Prompt on Windows 10
What is scroll text fragment?
The Scroll To Text Fragment. It is also called DOM. This function allows author or user to link to a particular part of a web page, using a text snippet provided in the URL link. When the web page is loaded, the web browser highlights the text and scroll directly it into view.
Read: Take Full Page Screenshots Google Chrome without an Extension
How to Use Google Chrome to Link to Text on Page
Let’s show how to directly use Google Chrome to link a Text on a web page in the following given steps:
- Click on the Paul Kinlan’s Scroll to Text Bookmarklet page to get this bookmarklet
- Scroll down and find the Find in Page
- Click the Find in Page bookmarklet link to drag and drop to Chrome’s bookmark toolbar
- If you cannot to see the toolbar then you can press Ctrl+Shift+B shortcut keys to navigate it
- Go to any web page, to use the bookmarklet then select some text with your mouse
- Then select the bookmarklet from your toolbar
- Now the address in the toolbar will include the “scroll to text fragment info in the URL Link
- Now go to the address bar and click to copy this link and share it with anyone
- Whenever the person navigates the link in the Chrome browser, he will directly be scrolled or jumped to your selected highlighted text on the web page.
Read: Google Chrome Bookmarks Backup and Restore
How to Use Chrome Scroll to Text on Web page?
Chrome scroll to text Fragment. This function lets an author or user link to a particular part or portion of a web page, using a text snippet provided in the link URL. When the page is loaded, the web browser highlights the specific text and scrolls it into view.
Can’t get Scroll to Text fragment to work in Chrome 80
If you are using the Chrome 81 version then you can get the Scroll to Text fragment and will work nice.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.