Some of the simple method or way to delete or remove your Facebook page from any device like PC and FB App on the smartphone. As a social network, Facebook creating many opportunities, interacting with your family and friends to promote your business. No matter the business nature, big and small businesses make their name by Facebook or themselves. The attraction of these tools let everyone knows how to use these tools and create a Facebook page. Anyone can interact with friends and peoples while having a business outlook. The Facebook pages are made for many reasons like social, group, organization, restaurant, books, celebrities, entertainment, community and many more.
There are many reasons which motivate you to remove or delete your Facebook page. Some of the reasons like the old business page, flagship purpose for the businesses, or page owner has no time to manage or update the page on time and considering removing or deleting. And sometimes closing a business permanently that let you close the social shelf too.
Let’s get started with some steps about how to delete a Facebook page and wait for it to be permanently removed from the platform.
- 1 Page Admin Must be you to perform the Delete action
- 2 As Admin of a Facebook page on a PC:
- 3 Delete or Remove Facebook Page via Mobile Phone:
- 4 How to Delete Facebook page and Wait for Permanent Removal.
Page Admin Must be you to perform the Delete action
In this case, it is important for you that your role as admin can remove the Facebook pages. You must be an admin by default and you are the one who generates the page initially. However, if you were not the admin or created the page, and the admin must be sent you permission of the page to become an authorized person as full power admin and decision-maker to keep the down or alive.
As Admin of a Facebook page on a PC:
- Sign in to the Facebook Page
- Go to the left menu and click on the Pages.
- In your Pages, click the Page you want to remove.
- Click on Setting right side at the top of the page.
- Next, you need to click on Page Roles at the top left side menu. If your position is an admin, A portrait will appear near the bottom of the page. (Follow the screenshots with arrow)
Delete or Remove Facebook Page via Mobile Phone:
In this method, you can remove or delete your Facebook page via Mobile Device
- First, you need to open the Facebook app and tap at the bottom to the right side menu.
- Tap Pages
- Tap on your page, then select Edit Page.
- Next, tap Settings option then Page Roles option
- You may see the existing page roles after scroll down. It will show your name listed, Profile picture and along with an admin label. In case if you are an admin of this page.
How to find FB Page deleting permission (As Admin)
Go to the Facebook Page Settings, to review if you are an Admin and have the authorization to delete the page. In case you are not an Admin and unable to delete the page, then request the initial Admin to authorize the permission of deleting the page and you can delete the page later.
In case you are Admin and can’t perform the delete action then it is likely; you don’t have the full authorization that includes deleting and modifying the page. Still, you will need special permission from the 1st creator Admin to transfer the permissions.
How to Delete Facebook page and Wait for Permanent Removal.
To remove a Facebook page you will wait for 14 days grace period, after which you will receive a notification to confirm its permanent removal or deletion. Facebook maintains the period of 14-days page deletion in some case you change your mind and want to restore it. Or someone else trying to destroy your page, or you lost access to your account so you have enough time to restore your account and page.
Warning Note will be from Facebook. First, you need to consider a few alternative options before you are removing your page:
- Unpublished the page instead: Choosing this option will keep your page but unpublished and no public access, including those people who have liked the page. The only team with a specific role will have access to the page.
- Option to Merge page with similar an existing page: In case you are the admin of another page with a similar representation and name, Facebook will give you option to merge it with the page you do not want to maintain anymore.
- Download the page before you delete: If you want to obtain your page data and a copy of all your videos, posts, photos and page.
All the above can be done through within the page setting option. Go to the “Page visibility” option to click on the unpublished the page, then to combine get an archive of your page to start Download page option keeping a soft copy in your storage.
Note: You can only download your page via a web browser. If you are performing this specific action; you will need to sign in Facebook using the web.
To continue with the removal process on Facebook.com
- In Facebook, Settings scroll down until you find the Remove page option.
- Click on Remove Page or “Edit” beside it
- Click on Save Changes on the popup box to remove your page
Continue to go ahead with the removal process via FB mobile app
- Open Facebook Settings; scroll to General Tab then move to down to Remove Page option.
- Tap on the Permanently delete page name option, then tap the blue Delete page button option.
In case you change your mind about the removal of the page, you can go to the page and click on the Cancel Deletion option on Facebook.com, or tap on scheduled for Removal of X days on the app but ensure performing this action within 14 days.