ByUmar Ali – April 14, 2020
Do you know how to delete a Netflix profile on all devices? Netflix allows you to share your account with your friend, family member, or even a partner, but unfortunately, it has not worked out. You want to delete or remove an abandoned profile, but you don’t know where should you begin?
You can create up to five profiles of your Netflix account. So everyone who shares your Netflix account who has their own watching history and recommendations. Read: How to change Netflix kid Account Fix Netflix Kids
The main or primary profile associated with your Netflix account can only be removed or deleted when you cancel your main account.
Netflix lets you delete a profile from your account as easy as creating a new one. Whether you are trying to remove a profile from a mobile device Android & iOS or using a Windows PC or macOS or Laptop. You can also be using a streaming device smart TV this is what you need to follow to do it.
Read:How to Lock a Netflix Profile with a PIN (Parental control)
- 1 Delete a Netflix Profile from Windows PC or Mac
- 2 How to Delete Profile from Netflix Account on Mobile Phone or Tablet
- 3 How to Delete from a Streaming Device or Smart TV
- 4 How to Remove Shows From Your Netflix Viewing History
- 5 Frequently Ask Questions-FAQ
Delete a Netflix Profile from Windows PC or Mac
Let’s show how to delete a Netflix profile from your account using your computer or laptop. Here are the following listed below instructions:
- Open Netflix in a web browser on your computer or laptop (You will use to Netflix app for Android or iOS devices) maybe you are already logged in on computer if not
- Then click on the Sign-in option from the top right side corner
- Enter your email and password to log in to your Netflix account
- When you are signed in then it will prompt to select a profile just click your personal Profile
- Click the Drop-down icon from the top right side of the home page
- Select the Manage Profiles option from the menu
- Look for the profile you want to delete then press the pencil icon in the center to edit profile
- Now click on Delete Profile option
- Next, click Delete Profile again to confirm that profile and its watching history are now well, history
- You will redirect automatically back to the Manage Profiles page
- Finally, click the done option to back to the profile selection page
- The Profile will delete from your Netflix’s account
Important note: If the profile is logged in on another device, you may not able to see a delete option in the Manage Profiles section.
Read: How to Get Netflix Free Live Streaming (No Cost)
How to Delete Profile from Netflix Account on Mobile Phone or Tablet
Here are these steps to follow and delete a profile of your Netflix’s account from Smartphone Android or iOS or iPad or Tablet’s app.
- Open Netflix Mobile app
- Tap the Sign-in option from the top right side corner
- You will be redirected to the Profile Selection screen
- Select the Edit option at the top right side corner
- You will see pencil icons in the middle of each profile
- Now tap the Profile you want to delete
- Then select the Delete option with the trash icon
- It will ask “you are you sure?”
- To confirm your action to delete the profile and No more profile
Read: How to Use and Set Up Netflix Party on All Devices
How to Delete from a Streaming Device or Smart TV
If you are using Netflix with a streaming device or smart TV. And you want to delete a profile from your Netflix account. Such as Amazon Fire Stick TV cube or a Roku Premiere or different smart TV on which the operating system is running on your device of choice. Typically, though, it is very simple to figure out.
- Tap to open your Netflix app
- Use Remote control
- Go to the Profile Selection window it will usually provide a way for deletion of the profile
- Open a Profile you wish to delete and then press the pencil icon
- On Roku Netflix application press the pencil icons you can open to that option are available below the Profile icons
- Select the delete profile option and confirm your action
- If this is not working the try to find out for a Settings screen and exploring.
Note: You may require to sign out and sign back in on some devices to view profile changes
How to Remove Shows From Your Netflix Viewing History
If you just want to remove a few shows from your watch history. There’s no need to delete your complete profile. Just delete individual shows in your account settings. To get to your account settings in the following:
- Using Windows PC or a Mac: Click the Profiles option in the top right corner of the screen and then select the Account option.
- Using an iPhone: Press the Menu option in the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap the Account option.
- Android or iPad device: Select the Main Menu or Three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen, and then press Account option
When into account settings, go down to the My Profile section and click or tap View Activity. Remove thing by clicking or tapping the Hide button, which looks like a circle with a line through it.
Related: How to Hide TV Shows and Movies on Netflix
Frequently Ask Questions-FAQ
Here are the following frequently asked questions by different people and you might interested to read it.
How do I delete a profile on the Netflix app?
Yes, you can delete a profile on the Netflix account app. You should go through just to your Netflix> Profiles>Profile you want delete>Edit the Profile>the click Delete Profile at the bottom. For more detailed information visit the above-given way for mobile apps.
How do I delete a Netflix profile on 2020?
You can delete a Netflix profile in 2020 on your android phone or other smartphone apps.
- Go to Netflix App
- Then tap on the More option
- Choose Manage Preferences
- Now tap the profile you wish to delete permanently
- Finally, confirm of deletion of user profile
How to Remove Other Users on My Netflix account?
You can delete most unwanted other users easily using your desktop web browser, mobile device app, TV, or media player. Open Netflix account and Manage Users. Then delete other user’s profiles by editing them and tap or click the delete option.
How to delete a Netflix profile on iPhone 2020?
Deleting of a Netflix profile on the iPhone device:
- Tap to open the Netflix app on your iPhone
- Select the More option at the bottom right side corner
- Then tap the Manage Profiles just under the list of profiles
- Press the Profile you want to remove
- Tap the Delete option just below the For Kids on or off Slider
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.