Do you know how to block and unblock people on Tinder? Tinder is an American online dating and geosocial networking app. The app lets the users anonymously swipe to like or dislike other people’s posted profile, which is generally comprised their picture, list of personal interests, and a short bio. When two people have matched they can exchange. But due to some reasons, you can block users on Tinder that they are unable to view your profile and you do not view them while swiping through in the application. In this article, you will learn how to block and unblock people in the Tinder app.
Read: Fix Tinder Oops Something went wrong
What happens when someone blocks you on tinder?
Once you block someone on the Tinder app, that user unable to view your profile anymore, nor you can view theirs. Generally, Tinder stops both of you from coming against each other’s profiles in the application
This the best method to stop some users or people (like your relatives or your ex) on this online dating application. Tinder does not notify or tell a person once you block them.
Read: How to get unbanned from Tinder – To Get Your Account Back
Two Ways to Block Someone on Tinder
Let’s show you how to block someone on Tinder. There are two methods to block someone on the Tinder application. First, either by manually typing the person’s contact info or by loading the person’s contact details from your mobile phone’s address book. You will learn both ways.
How to Block Someone on Tinder from Your Contacts
To block a person on Tinder who’s saved as a contact on your Android or iPhone device load your contacts in the Tinder application and select the person to block. To get started follow the given steps:
- Open your Tinder mobile app on iPhone or Android device
- Select the profile icon at the bottom bar
- Tap on the Settings option on the profile screen
- Go down the Settings page and tap on the Block Contacts
- Tap the Contacts tab at the top of the Block Contacts screen
- Press the Import Contacts button in the middle of the display to load your mobile phone’s contacts in the application
- Tap on the Yes option once your mobile phone asks whether you allow Tinder to access your contacts.
- Then, choose or select the contacts that you wish to block and tap on Block Contacts at the bottom of the application
- The selected users or people have now blocked by Tinder.
Read: Tinder Error 40303 Fix Prevent Getting Banned Again
How to Block Someone on Tinder by Manually Adding Their Details
When you do not want to allow or load all your contact to the Tinder app. Then here is another way for you to manually enter a user or person’s contact information detail to block or prevent them in your Tinder account profile. To do this follow these steps for your guidance:
- Open your Tinder mobile app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap on the Profile icon on the bar at the bottom
- Go to the Settings from the left side of your screen
- Scroll down on the Settings page and select the Block Contacts
- Select the Plus (+) sign from the top right corner on the Block Contacts screen
- Tap the Name field on the Add Contact page that opens and enter the name of the person you wish to block.
- Tap on the Add phone number field and enter the person’s phone number
- Then tap on the Add Email option to type the person’s email address
- Tap on the Done at the top right corner of the app once you finish
Read: Tinder error 5000: How to fix it in 5 Easy steps
Tip: In case you do not know the person’s phone number or email address, keep the field blank, but you should provide one of these to proceed.
Tinder will now match your provide data information with its database. In case a person found with this information, they will be blocked from your Tinder account. If no person is found, nothing will happen.
How to Unblock People On Tinder
If you want to unblock those users which you blocked previousely due to you change your mind or any other reason. So Tinder allows you to unblock a blocked person in the Tinder app. Here are these simple steps to follow:
- First, open your Tinder mobile app on your iPhone or Android phone to unblock someone.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom of the app’s bar
- Go to the Setting by select the settings gear icon
- Now scroll down through the settings page and tap on the Block Contacts option
- Tap on the Blocked option at the top of the Block Contacts screen
- Located the person you want to unblock and tap on the Unblock button next to their name
- Tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the app and select the Unblock All option from the menu to Unblock all of your blocked users.
The above all is to keeping annoyance out of your Tinder app experience
Read: How to Know Your Tinder Match Be a Scam Bot?
Here are some of the frequently asked questions by different people and might you are like to read it:
How to block someone on Tinder 2021
How do I share my contacts with Tinder to block someone? If do not know how to block someone on the Tinder app 2021. Go to the Tinder app and select the Profile icon. Go to Settings and scroll down and tap on the Block Contacts. Allow Tinder to access and use your contacts. Under the Contact tab, tap on people you wish to avoid from your contact list. Just tap on Block Contacts.
How to Unblock someone on Tinder 2021
To block someone on Tinder 2021 then just go to the Settings scroll down and tap on the Block Contacts option open to the Blocked tab. Select the Unblock button beside each blocked contact that you want to unblock, or select the menu icon in the upper right-hand side corner and tap the Unblock All option.
How to block someone on Tinder without matching
To block a contact on Tinder without matching. Go to the Settings scroll down and tap on the Block Contacts option open to the Blocked tab. Select the Unblock button beside each blocked contact that you want to unblock, or select the menu icon in the upper right-hand side corner and tap the Unblock All option.
Published June 30, 2021Categorized as HowTo, Tech
By Umar Ali
Umar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.
View all of Umar Ali’s posts.