ByUmar Ali – March 10, 2020
Do you know how to access Google Docs? How to use and create a blank document in Google Docs? If you know about Google Docs previously, feel free to move on. If you did not know or used it before, here is in ultimate guide course on what you need to learn. We will guide you on the basics and get you to teach about what Google Docs is and how you can get started to use right away. Read:Google Docs the Definitive Guide for Beginner
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is a free, web-based word processor thatGoogle has introduced as part of its complete office suite—Google Drive—tocompete with MS Office.
Main Services of Google Docs
Other Main services contain in the cloud-based suite areSlides (Powerpoint) and Sheets (Excel).
Available on all Platforms and Devices
Google Docs is available for all platforms and devices,you will need a web browser, and Internet connection and apps are available forsmartphones. Google does the remaining and manages the brunt of the largelifting while the software runs in the cloud.
Google docs support many file types like RTF, Docx, txt, odt and doc. It will make it easy for you to view and convert MS Office files directly from Google Drive.
Google Docs is a web-based online process; through youcan collaborate and share with different people on the same document file,changes, tracking revisions, and suggestions all in real-time.
If you are already using Google Drive and docs, it is recommending to see to share files changes or view edit history and all changes here.
How to Create an Account ofGoogle to Access Google Docs
The first thing you will need to create your Google account to access Google Docs for instance (a @gmail.com). If you have a Google Account then skip this step and move on to the next topic. But if you do not have an account then follow the simple below steps to create a Google account and get you access to set up with Google Docs. Related: How to Create New Gmail account for yourself and others
- Click on the Accounts.google.com
- Then click on the Create Account option
- Next, click for Myself option
- You will redirect to another page and asking for basic information that needs to provide to Create your AccountFirst and Last NameUsername and Password
- Next, verify your Phone number and to make users that you are a real human and not a robot.
- After that, you will need to subsequent pages need you to provide the following informationRecovery Email AddressDate of BirthGenderAs well as agree to the Google Privacy statement and terms of services
At theend of the above steps, you’re the proud new owner of a Google account.
How to Create a Blank Document in GoogleDocs
When you create a Google account and wantto create your first blank document on Google Docs. Then follow the belowsteps:
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Click on the Google Docs to open with browser
- Then click on the + icon in the middle of the blank document with multi-colors in the Start a new document sections
- After that, you will redirect to an Untitled document of Docs
- Click on the Untitled Document at the top left side
- Start Type your Document Title as you wish
Pro Tip of Chrome: The users of Google Chrome can simply type docs.new into the address bar or Omnibox and press the Enter button on the keyboard. After that auto-create and open a new blank document on your Chrome browser
Alternative ways Access Google Docs & Create Blankdocuments
You can follow the below alternative ways to accessGoogle docs from your Google Account. You can access the old documents as welland create a blank document.
First Way Access Google Doc from the Google Apps
- Log in to your Google Account
- Go to your Google App from the right side of your Chrome browser
- Now scroll down and click on the Docs tool
- Then it will open a New Untitled Document of Google Docs
- You can change manually the Title by click on the Untitled document
- Then Enter your desire Title as you want
You can access all Google Docs old documents that you owned or received from others A to Z.
Second Way to Access Google Docs from Google Drive
- Log in to your Google Account first if not
- Go to your Google App between image and Profile photo to the right side
- Scroll down to click on the Google Drive tool or Type drive.google.com in the address bar
- Now click on the New with Multicolor plus icon
- Select the Google Docs to access to open Blank document or click on the Arrow beside Google docs in the menu to open submenuBlank document: Choose the Blank document to open a New document directlyClick From Template: If you choose From Template then you will need to click on Blank document multicolor plus icon.
Third Way by using google.docs.com
- You will need to open Google.com
- Type or enter docs.newin the address bar or Omnibox
- Hit the Enter key on your PC keyboard
- Finally, your new document with Untitled document
- Click on the Untitled document to give your title is you want
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.