ByUmar Ali – May 29, 2020
Are you facing some of the common problems while using Facebook Messenger? But do not worry that I will show solutions to them in this article. Let’s first talk about the Facebook app has a separate standalone application of Facebook Messenger for chatting with other users and friends. This makes it a more powerful Messenger service, capable to compete with other messaging apps WhatsApp. Its independence also makes it use memory and battery, however, and it now comes with its own set of concerns. Here what you will require to do when Facebook Messenger is not working properly.
Read: Top 10 Facebook Messenger Scams and How to Avoid Them
- 1 Facebook Messenger Error and Solutions
- 2 Common Facebook Messenger Problems And Solutions
- 3 Facebook Messenger is not working on Android
- 4 FAQ-Frequently Ask Questions
Facebook Messenger Error and Solutions
If you are unable to access your Facebook Messenger account on your mobile phone. Then you will need to try the following solutions one by one:
Access Facebook Using Your Any Browser
You will need to open your Facebook account with any browser to access your messages. Here are the following steps:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/ with any browser to open Facebook.com
- Log in to your Facebook Account with your credentials
- Then you can be able to access your Conversation or messages within the Facebook website, old school style.
Some Users, using the Lite version of the Messenger App works fine, so
- Go to Google Play Store and get Messenger Lite
- Download and Install then Open it
- Log in with your Username & Password
- Then start to enjoy messaging as usual, with a streamlined appearance and just the basic features
You can try a wrapper application that packages the mobile phone site in app form with a new design
Let use alternative apps for Facebook! You might find and you do not want to switch back
Facebook Messenger has been found to use more than proper parts of the share of memory and power. This is why the application obsessively checks for notifications and updates. Even when your mobile is without signal or asleep, the application also takes up a lot of memory space. Before I uninstalled it, the Messenger app took a hundred MB of storage space on my phone device. But some of the consumers report even higher figures
Read: Find If Someone Blocked You on Facebook Messenger Web & App
Common Facebook Messenger Problems And Solutions
If the Facebook Messenger application is not properly working on your mobile device, uninstall the application. Next, on your home screen add a shortcut to the mobile site and let the site send you to push notifications. If you desire to continue receiving them or Tinfoil, or install Metal, a pair of applications that are little more than skins for the mobile site. Any of these options will save on internal memory space, battery life, and RAM consumption.
Read: How to Enable & Disable Secret Conversation in Messenger
I can’t send or receive messages
If you are trying to send a Gif or sticker to any user or friend and FB Messenger is not delivering your important correspondence, don’t hide. Although the condition may seem desperate beyond all understanding the solution could well be easily.
- Make sure that the application is the latest version
- Go to the Play Store App
- Select the Main Menu and tap My apps & games option
- Then find to check the Messenger app is among the applications awaiting an update
- If it is then just tapped on it and press the Update button
Read: How to View Blocked List & Unblock Friends on Facebook
As another option, if FB Messenger continually crashing, try the mobile site.
You can also visit to view if Facebook Messenger is down in your location or other users are facing problems. It depends on your choice of Facebook is using you to conduct the psychological tests, you might simply have to wait until the service backs.
Some of or All of my messages have Missing
If you have deleted or removed your chats or messages by mistake, which is not easily being done, and then it is your bad luck: they are gone. But maybe you just archived them, in which case you are in luck.
- Go to the Desktop or Mobile site
- Click on the Messages option the See all
- Press More option then Archived (for desktop users)
- You can go to your Messages then tap See all messages option
- Scroll down and select View Archived Messages option (on the mobile site)
- Check to view if you can find the message you long for there
Read: Facebook Log in Code didn’t receive to email account FIX
Facebook Messenger is not working on Android
If you are going to Messenger bring out its big malfunctioning guns and giving you an empty display, or you are getting many of Unfortunately Facebook Messenger has stopped messages, then few ways to try.
Check Your Android Up to Date
You will need to check your Android device is up to date or not. But make sure your device connected to a Wi-Fi and battery life is more than 50% before going to this process. Here are these steps to check it:
- Go to your Android device Settings
- Tap on About device option
- Select Software update
- Then Update Now option
- If your mobile needed an update then start downloading and installing it might be enough to solve or fix the issue or problem
If you are still unable to use Facebook Messenger then continue to read.
Clear Storage and Cache of Facebook Messenger App
If the first way of update your mobile devices do not fix your Messenger app. then you will need to clear cache and storage of FB messenger App in the following steps:
- Go to your Smartphone Settings
- Select the Apps and Notifications option
- Tap on the See All Apps option
- Find and tap on the Messenger App
- Scroll down and tap on the Storage option
- Tap on the Clear Storage then Ok once pop up on your screen
- Then Clear Cache options and Ok when pop up to you
Update Your Messenger App
You will need to make sure that you are using the latest version of Facebook Messenger app. If you don’t know how then follow these steps:
- Tap on the Google Play Store app on Android or App Store of iPhone
- Go the Main Menu option
- Tap on My Apps & Games option from the menu
- Now here you can see if Messenger app is among the app awaiting an update and tap on it
- Then tap the Update option if it is
Uninstall and Reinstall the Messenger App
The Last and final way to fix the Facebook Messenger app problem if still not working in your mobile. You will need to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Here are the following steps does it:
- Tap on the Settings icon of your device
- Go to the Applications & Notifications option
- Select the See all apps
- Find and tap on the Messenger app
- Then tap on Uninstall option
- Go back into Google Play Store
- Tap on Download and then Install the Messenger app again
Read: How to Set up & Use Facebook Messenger Kids App messengerkids.com
FAQ-Frequently Ask Questions
Here are some of the following frequently asked questions by different people related to the common Facebook Messenger problems and issue. let them know how to fix it.
How to fix messenger problems
Here are some of the common Facebook Messenger problems like unable to send messages. I cannot send or receive messages, FB Messenger App is keeping crashing, & not working on Android. You can fix it by Check Your Android Up to Date, Clear Storage and Cache of Facebook Messenger App. Update Your Messenger App, & Uninstall and Reinstall the Messenger App. I think these all will help you to fix Messenger problems.
Facebook messenger problems Android
If the Facebook Messenger is not working on android then you can fix the FB messenger problems Android. Here are some of the common Facebook Messenger problems like unable to send messages, I cannot send or receive messages. FB Messenger App is keeping crashing, & not working on Android. You can fix it by Check Your Android Up to Date, Clear Storage and Cache of Facebook Messenger App. Update Your Messenger App, & Uninstall and Reinstall the Messenger App. I think these all will help you to fix Messenger problems.
Facebook messenger not working on computer
Facebook Messenger won’t load on PC or not working on Laptop. Then you will need to follow these steps to fix it:
- Go the Settings
- Select Programs and Features from the left side pane
- Click the Messenger option
- Select the Advanced Options
- Click Reset Option
Facebook messenger login failed
If you are unable to logging into your Messenger app or I can’t log into the Messenger app
- Please confirm that you have installed and using the latest version of the Messenger app on your mobile device.
- If you cannot log into or sign in to Messenger or your general Facebook account, get help with account login and password issues.
Messenger problems 2020
Some of the common Facebook Messenger problems in 2020 which mostly facing the users. Unable to send messages, I cannot send or receive messages, FB Messenger App is keeping crashing, & not working on Android. You can fix it by Check Your Android Up to Date, Clear Storage and Cache of Facebook Messenger App. Update Your Messenger App, & Uninstall and Reinstall the Messenger App. I think these all will help you to fix Messenger problems.
Why can’t i see my messages on Facebook messenger
If you cannot see you’re Messages or conversation or you are getting a No Internet Connection” error, you can try:
- Update your Messenger App up to latest version if available
- Close and Reopening the Messenger App
- Check your Internet connection or Wi-Fi connection
- Update your mobile device
- Clear cache and storage of the App
- Uninstall and Reinstall Messenger app
- I think it will help you to resolve your issue
Facebook messenger not working on iPad
Why does messenger not work on my IPAD? If the Messenger app is not up to date, it is often a reason why it keeps on freezing. So what you should do here is this:
- Tap to Open App Store
- Check to see if the latest version of Facebook Messenger is available
- If it is then start download and install it on your iPad device.
- This may fix the issue, and the application will work without any glitches.
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppUmar Alihttps://www.dowpie.comUmar Ali is a passionate content writer. He feeds many blogs with his unique content. He loves creating contents tutorial content. And contribute many guest articles on different websites.